Powering the Next Generation of Semiconductor Test
ElevATE Semiconductor is looking for a Test Engineer to join our growing team in San Diego and be a key player in delivering the benefits of optimized test solutions, while improving the flexibility and fungibility of test capacity.
ElevATE’s test ecosystem has a mixed footprint of test platforms, and product insertion approaches. We have a strategic plan to move to a more unified, automated product testing approach, and this role is critical to the success of this roadmap and ongoing best in class product management activities. As we drive the test platform consolidation strategy, we want to seize that opportunity to improve the test approaches for improving yield, cost, and throughput.
The devices developed by ElevATE are complex analog devices (large analog, small digital content). The job applicant is expected to be an expert in Analog test development
- Responsible for test programs products in production phase of their life cycle
- Support the strategic roadmap to replicate and transition with suppliers select legacy products from older manual test systems to Teradyne Ultraflex and Chroma 3180 Handler test cell configuration
- Drive test program optimization activities to improve test quality, reduce test times, and make a positive impact to cost of test and unit throughput metrics.
- Develop test program for multi-site testing for final test (Package) and wafer level testing.
- Work with outside vendors for load boards and sockets development for new devices
- Requires strong understanding of Analog IC testing techniques
- Ability to run standard translation tools (Velocity, Test Insight or similar) for vector conversion from simulation files in VCD/EVCD and WGL formats
- Understanding of Scan, at-speed scan, JTAG, Memory BIST, OTP memory programming and loopback techniques.
- Work with designers to think outside the box to develop complex test methodologies for device capabilities that exceed the current tester capabilities
- Strong experience with large scale ATE platforms like Teradyne Ultraflex (preferred), and/or Verigy Pinscale / Smartscale
- Bring up and support of test program at overseas vendors, support production for any ATE related issues
- Work with team members and venders, define ATE Test Specification and drive test reviews
- Support initial RMA evaluation on ATE for Quality Assurance
- Major contributor aligning legacy and roadmap products into the enterprise yield management system
- Actively enhance the network of suppliers, contractors so to supporting insource vs outsource workloads and future roadmap needs
- Responsibility for process documentation of critical activities
- Minimum Requirement of B.S.E.E. with 5+ years’ of direct Test Engineering experience
- Strong experience in complex Analog test development
- Mixed signal background for ADC, DAC, PLL
- Programming experience in C, C++, VBT, Linux, Unix environments
- General knowledges on Test Correlation, GRR and NPI Flow
- Test Program Version Control in SVN Repository or GIT
- Familiarity with Scripting languages like PERL, AWK to parse data logs and formatting