Powering the Next Generation of Semiconductor Test
Senior Staff Product Engineer
As a Senior Staff Product Engineer, you will be responsible for bringing new silicon to production. At ElevATE, we design high quality complex mixed signal IC’s that exceed the needs of the ATE industry. We have built an extraordinary team of engineers who are excited to innovate and create challenging future products that will change what is possible in the world of test and measurement.
You will fully utilize broad experience as you delve into the intricacies of high accuracy measurement and performance. Our products need to be able to test any chip that is on the market today, as well as those of the future. You will be responsible for developing test strategies and characterization plans to fully test new products to all datasheet parameters. You will implement testing, record data, analyze results, and document conclusions to determine if chip designs and parts can be released to manufacturing status. This includes coordinating ATE and bench characterization, ESD/LU, and HTOL exercises.
In addition, you will be empowered to help define processes that enable growth and scale to build out a small but profitable company into the number one player in test and measurement. Your contributions will matter at ElevATE and you will be forced to get creative and think outside the box.
- Develop and implement test procedures on bench boards and standard lab equipment
- Collaborate with the IC Design team to implement DFT circuitry, test/debug new silicon, collect, analyze, and make conclusions based on data using JMP, MATLAB, Excel or similar analysis tools.
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and test engineers to debug supporting software, and board hardware. Document results in JIRA or other systems.
- Read, understand and produce test documentation such as validation, characterization and other assorted documents necessary to product release complex analog and digital IC designs to market
- Understand IC schematics (Cadence) and digital and analog circuits at the block including transistor level
- Plan and maintain a project schedule from Silicon on Dock through to Product Release
- Work with applications and the project lead to create data to support marketing and customer sales activities
- Support yield enhancement activities and drive yield improvement in NPI and production environments
- Assist test engineering to bring up and support of test program locally and at overseas locations
- Support Test Engineer, FA and QA, design and application teams for production qualification and customer issues
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Proven ability to drive high quality products to release efficiently
- Ability to fully analyze bench and/or ATE data and take actions based on conclusions
- Full understanding of standard lab equipment
Knowledge of digital and analog semiconductor circuits at the block and transistor level
- Understanding of schematics and debugging of PC boards
- Understanding of ESD and Latch up in electrical components
- Established and proven analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve complex technical problems
- Team player able to work with different groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong planning and execution skills
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus, as well as lab software like LabVIEW or Python
- Experience with characterizing circuits such as DACs, ADCs, high speed communication links, power supplies including linear and switcher designs and Comparators
- Strong math and statistical skills are a plus