As a Firmware Design Engineer, you will drive the development of internal test platforms for evaluation and characterization of the various IC’s that are developed by us. You will have a critical role in automating efficient and accurate test systems that will be used both for product qualification and release as well as customer sampling and evaluation.
- FPGA firmware development for internal and customer silicon evaluation boards
- Write, debug and modify firmware for automating characterization and data collection on the bench and in our qualification boards
- Debug and bring up evaluation boards and the firmware required to drive them
- PCB level schematic circuit design of silicon evaluation boards
- BS in Electrical Engineering in combination with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Expert level skills in FPGA programming and development
- Solid system and circuit level troubleshooting capability
- Significant experience with common bench top measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, DAC’s, BERT’s, TDR, SMU’s, pattern generators. Hands on experience in the lab debugging, probing, and characterizing silicon using a mixture of custom-made and standard equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, source measurement units, etc.
- Basic understanding of transistor level circuits
- Experience with ANSI C programming language and/or Python
- Must currently reside or be open to relocating to San Diego, CA. This role will require you to physically be in the test lab.
- Experience with board level schematic design
- Knowledge or experience in software automation for silicon characterization
- Knowledge or experience in programming and automation using LabView or another suitable programming language
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% employer paid benefits
- 3 weeks vacation time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free snacks & caffeine