As a Firmware and Automation Engineer, you will drive the development of internal test platforms for evaluation and characterization of the various IC’s that are developed by Elevate Semiconductor. They will also have a critical role in automating efficient and accurate test systems and software that will be used both for product qualification and release as well as customer sampling and evaluation.
- FPGA firmware development for internal and customer silicon evaluation boards.
- Write, debug and modify firmware for automating characterization and data collection on the bench and in our qualification boards.
- Debug and bring up evaluation boards and the firmware/software required to drive them.
- PCB level schematic circuit design of silicon evaluation boards.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in FPGA programming and development.
- Experience with common bench top measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, DAC’s, BERT’s, TDR, SMU’s, pattern generators. Hands on experience in the lab debugging, probing, and characterizing silicon using a mixture of custom-made and standard equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, source measurement units, etc.
- Solid system and circuit level troubleshooting capability
- Basic understanding of transistor level circuits.
- Experience with board level schematic design
- Knowledge or experience in software automation for silicon characterization.
- Experience with board level schematic design and layout
- Labview/Python experience
- Experience in the ATE industry
- Work independently in a team environment.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written are essential to this position.
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to aggressive schedules and make the required engineering tradeoffs to meet commitments.
- Flexible work schedule
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free snacks & caffeine